Big Daddy's Birthday!






Yesterday was Jason's birthday!!! The kids WERE extremely excited, and much to Jason's dismay, they kept asking how old he was, and he repeated "39" at least 25 times (nice reminder!) They of course kept asking me, and I gleefully said "37" because no matter how old Jason is, I am still close to 2 years younger!
Anyhow, Cooper and I met Jason at Panera for a nice lunch, what a delight she is to take places! We laughed, because taking 1 child out is such a non-event to us. I mean, we are SO used to having 4 with us, 1 is really quiet, peaceful, and requires very little effort. She enjoyed a grilled cheese, and loved every moment with her favorite guy, Dad!

When the big kids got home, we went to work! We made cards, a sign, and decorated the table. Carter had made Jason a card at school where he printed "Happy Birthday Daddy! Love, Carter." I was so proud, he's really able to identify all the letters now and is starting to really sound out words. The funny thing about the card was, he made a picture on the front, and I asked what he and Daddy were doing, and he said, "Showering together!" I just wonder what his teacher thinks!!!

I made homemade chocolate cake, and a big pan of lasagna! The kids all had spaghetti, followed by the cake. Jason then opened his presents, and we had gotten him a digital picture frame full of family photos for his office, he loved it!

2 comments:

cat said...

Gelukkige verjaarsdag (that means Happy Birthday) to the dad of the bunch.

Annie said...

Happy Birthday!!! I'm glad that everyone had a great time.

Have a great weekend.