School!

Last week, each of the kids had an open house for their classroom. This allows the kids to take the parents into the classroom, and show them their routine, what they have been working on, and their favorite "works." Jason was out of town on Tuesday, so Cooper was unable to attend hers, but luckily her teachers wanted to do a "private" open house (which is SO nice of them) this Wednesday.

Annabelle and Olivia had theirs on Wednesday night, and it was GREAT!!! I took them and the were so proud to show me all the things in the classroom, all their favorites, and their daily routine. The girls both love the art area, but also showed tons of interest in counting works, and others. They really have a great attention spans, and are so well-behaved. You can really tell that they are well-like by their teachers, and that is not a surprise. Annabelle even made sure that I knew the difference between and ellipse, and an oval (seriously, she's 4!) It was really great to see them in action!

Carter had his "night" on Thursday, and he had 2 classes to attend. Carter goes to a regular preschool class, and then attends what's called "extended preschool." This is more kindergarten readiness, and focuses more heavily on reading, math, and all the building blocks of what's to come in kindergarten. As it turns out, Carter isn't the whining, crying, under achiever we thought he was!!! I was truly impressed with his teachers comments on how he is working on challenging topics, he is learning to read, he is doing addition, and knows all the continents! It's really a far cry from where he was at the beginning of the year! I guess I had my expectations set pretty low, but it was a pleasant surprise none the less. He too seems well-liked, and very happy at school!!

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't completely thrilled! It's nice to know that your kids are well-behaved, and happy when they are at school!!!

1 comment:

cat said...

You can be truly proud of your cuties!